My Visit to Castello di Poppiano
Castello di Poppisnao is a castle on the cascading hills of Montespertoli, Tuscany and belongs to the guicciardini family. Only a short drive from Florence, my visit to the castello was short and memorable.
The Guicciardini family is a trusted and respected name in Tuscany, one that has housed Florentine masterpieces in the castle during World War II.
The castello hosts a huge production of olive oil and wine which I was lucky enough to see. It was fascinating to learn about the wines and how the production goes back to the 15th century. There is also a variety of wines to taste and purchase.
Poppiano is set amongst the rolling hills and vineyards of Chianti and is that part of Tuscany where I could just sit for hours and sigh at the countryside. It is surprising that this beautiful castle is often overlooked by tourists despite being in Tuscany.
I hope you get to visit this lovely castle someday. Don't miss the breathtaking views of the Chianti region and gorgeous cypress trees when you go. Just climb the tower of the castle, pass through history- old barrels of wine stored in the cellar and TA-DA!. I could stay there for hours, of course with a glass of wine in my hand!;-)
Castello di Poppisnao is a castle on the cascading hills of Montespertoli, Tuscany and belongs to the guicciardini family. Only a short drive from Florence, my visit to the castello was short and memorable.
The Guicciardini family is a trusted and respected name in Tuscany, one that has housed Florentine masterpieces in the castle during World War II.
| Let's head to Castello di Poppiano |
| Castello di Poppiano |
| Wine Barrels |
| Some Wine Tasting? |
| View from the Tower |
| Castello di Poppiano from afar |
I am so glad I made that trip to Poppiano.
How to Reach- Best way to reach this castle is to take a tour via Tuscany Bike Tours.
Take a tour Thank you for stopping by, this post is part of the Italian Food, Wine and Travel (#ItalianFWT) bloggers group. In this 4th edition, bloggers discover the region of Tuscany!
How to Reach- Best way to reach this castle is to take a tour via Tuscany Bike Tours.
Take a tour Thank you for stopping by, this post is part of the Italian Food, Wine and Travel (#ItalianFWT) bloggers group. In this 4th edition, bloggers discover the region of Tuscany!
Our Tuscan journey doesn't stop here. Join all of our other bloggers as they share with you their experience through the region of Tuscany.
Italophilia - Castello di Poppiano
Vino Travels - The clones and wines of sangiovese in Tuscany
Cooking Chat - Tuscan beef stew and wine pairing
Food Wine Click - In Tuscany, red wine pairs with fish
Curious Appetite - Tuscan baked goods and secret bakeries in Florence
Flavourful Tuscany - Tuscany: the cult of wines and the dining pleasure
Enofylz - A Taste of the Tuscany coast
Rockin Red Blog - Travel to Tuscany without leaving home with #ItalianFWT
Girls Gotta Drink - What is up with the Chianti Classico black rooster?
Orna O'Reilly - Five days on Elba
Join us next month on Saturday March 7th as we travel to the region of Trentino-Alto Adige in the northeastern part of Italy in the Dolomite mountains. For additional Italian related blogs on the food, wine and travel of Italy stay tuned to #ItalianFWT on Twitter throughout the month. Ciao Ciao!
11 comments:
Sounds lovely! I'm planning a trip to Tuscany in March. Might have to add this to the list!
Ciao ciao!
Looks like a beautiful place. I have heard of it, but never visited. Nice views from the top of the tower although Tuscany is one big view ; )
Yes you must :) I can guarantee you will fall in love ;)
It is Jennifer! :) Lovely views and delicious wines..!
Really cool post and the pictures are so lively <3
Thank you so much PBz :)
Great info. Lucky me I discovered your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
I've book marked it for later!
Visit my weblog: how to copy xbox 360 games
Gorgeous photos. Reminds me of my time in Italy. We happened to take a food tour with foodtoursofnaples.com.. So memorable! ;')
Thank you for stopping by :) I am sure it must be wonderful. There is no place like Italy!
I found your blog quite interesting and the concern in the blog is really impressive.I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in your post. Thanks for sharing.
Havana Accomodation
Thank you Steve, I am glad you found the quality of content good! :) cheers!
Post a Comment