Tuesday, 11 August 2015

                                     Photo Series on Gubbio- Part II

Continuing the photo series on Gubbio, here is a peek into the  Festival of Candles. The  festival takes place every year in Gubbio on May 15.  These pictures will give you an insight on the atmosphere in Gubbio.
                                                                                                                                                                   

There are people clad in traditional dresses-- yellow, blue and black, along with a red flag tied to Their shoulder. ( I am a proud owner of the same flag)


The festival attracts a crowd of more than 150,000 every year and I am so happy That I was part of it in 2015.  The crowd, the mayhem and spirit is addictive- I could go again someday just to feel it. 

More details on the race of the festival soon!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics Ishita.. everybody seems to be so enthu.. :) Please do share the background of the festival.. i mean the origin and importance.. it would be really interesting to know...

Priyanka Bhardwaj said...

It must have been ecstatic out there !! Lovely pictures <3

Travelling with Lyn said...

Yes the Italians know how to celebrate. Whatever the reason they do it well. Great photos

Ishita Sood said...

Thank you PM, the next post will be about that!

Ishita Sood said...

It was very exciting and I was ecstatic :D

Ishita Sood said...

Totally Lyn. In fact sometimes I wonder the way their economy is and they not a care in the world..chilling..love their spirit!

Tony S said...

Great pictures, my family in Costacciaro goes to this event and posted some great pics as well on Facebook. Hopefully someday I will witness it for myself.

Post a Comment