Sunday, 4 January 2015

                              Happy Birthday! But Why Italy??

As my blog turns 1, I would like to take an opportunity to highlight some of the questions that several people ask me. But first things first! I want to THANK YOU all who have diligently read my posts and appreciated my love for Italy- its places, people and culture.

Since my blog mostly concerns about all things Italian many a times people ask me (and certainly not in the best of ways at times), " Why Italy, why not any other country?" "What is so special about Italy?" "Are you obsessed?" "Italy, again??!!" 

I usually take such questions with a pinch of salt and either grin or just pass a smile and say "I have a special connection with that country" Which of course is true.

As most of you may be knowing, I fell in love with Italy when I travelled for the first time in 2013. Yes I know, it could have been any other city or country, but what I share with Italy is par excellence. It is something that is not easy to explain and it is also one of the reasons why its easier to write and feel the experience to share my love of the land.

In the past 1.5 year or so, my love for Italy has helped me learn new things, see different aspects of life, know more about literature and so much more! And the best part is that I am regularly connected to my friends in Italy and America which keeps that love going. 

Needless to say it doesn't mean I don't love my country! India is home. It is where I have been born and where family is. 

Italy is my calling. It is my go to place to think about when I am low. It brings a smile on my face when someone I know connects my name to that country. Or when someone takes my help planning their trip to Italy. All I can say is that I think the Italian way of living got on to me and of course like many of you who think, I too think there is definitely some past connection :-) 

Italy and I have a long way to go and I hope that you all will proudly support and appreciate my writings and travels to that country in this new year too.


You might also like- What I Love About Italy.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your blog and keep writing about Italy. :)

Sudhagee said...

Happy wala budday for the blog, Italophilia. Here's wishing you more travels to Italy and more posts from you. PS: When I go to Italy, will you please, please plan my itinerary?

Ishita Sood said...

Thank you Avinash :) Means a lot!

Ishita Sood said...

Thank you Sudha :) YAY! Of course. Will readily and happily do so ;)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday 'Italophilia'. You have come a long way.. and a long long way to go ahead.. Keep us posted on Italy and more.. ;)

Vinitha said...

Happy Birthday to the blog and here's to many more Italy posts. Italy has always been on my bucket list but your posts make it inch up a bit higher every single time

Ishita Sood said...

Thank you PM! Thanks always for your encouragement :)

Ishita Sood said...

Thank you Vinitha! :) Cheers! one of the sweetest and most thoughtful comments. I hope you visit Italy soon :)

Anonymous said...

I love how much you love Italy! And here I am living in Italy and I'm in love with India! Maybe we should trade places for a while. Lovely site. Greetings from Lago Maggiore. Jillian

Ishita Sood said...

So lovely to hear from you Jillian! You are right, we need to trade places ;) I could do that anyday! If I ever come to Lago Maggiore, I am sure to meet u and your lovely kids. Love your posts :) Grazie for dropping by!

Post a Comment