For the People of Italy and Beyond
As I write this post, I feel a mixture of emotions. It is soul-rending feeling not be in Italy but at the same time I feel happy to remember all the moments I spent this summer in Bel Paese.
This post is to all the people of Italy and beyond who helped me when I was in the country. Strangers who smiled at me and made me feel safe in a foreign land, thank you. I want to thank each and every one of them through this post and hope someday I get to become a part of someone's blog post just like these people have become a part of mine.
Thank you to the couple at the train station who made sure I reached Perugia safely and who also provided me numbers of taxis in case I missed my connecting train. I couldn't have been in Perugia without your help and guidance.
I am grateful to the lady from Bologna who knew very little English but still helped me when I asked her.
Grazie to the people of Gubbio for helping me know more about Festa dei ceri. I am beaming thinking about the girl from Sicily who took a lovely picture of me amongst a horde of people in Gubbio. The girl was travelling with her father (in the background) who completely refused to move away so that I could get a picture. I somehow ended up loving it!
Thank you to the Baglioni Hotels for their love and support throughout my stay in Venice.
I am indebted to my lovely host at my B&B in Trieste who made sure that every morning I had warm breakfast and coffee.
Thanks to the man in the train who helped me with my luggage. I appreciate it. I loved the thoughtfulness of the woman who made sure I reached Orvieto safely.
On the train to Orvieto, I met a couple from Australia who shared their precious Perugina chocolates with me.
I smile when I think of the caffe owner in Florence made my day when he sang a song. Italy travels give everyone such beautiful moments that its hard to remember all.
These are a few of my heart-warming experiences that I remember with a smile. They deserve every mention and will always be in my prayers.
Grazie mille, amici.. A presto!
You might also like- My Five Star Experience with Baglioni Hotels
As I write this post, I feel a mixture of emotions. It is soul-rending feeling not be in Italy but at the same time I feel happy to remember all the moments I spent this summer in Bel Paese.
This post is to all the people of Italy and beyond who helped me when I was in the country. Strangers who smiled at me and made me feel safe in a foreign land, thank you. I want to thank each and every one of them through this post and hope someday I get to become a part of someone's blog post just like these people have become a part of mine.
Thank you to the couple at the train station who made sure I reached Perugia safely and who also provided me numbers of taxis in case I missed my connecting train. I couldn't have been in Perugia without your help and guidance.
I am grateful to the lady from Bologna who knew very little English but still helped me when I asked her.
Thank you to the Baglioni Hotels for their love and support throughout my stay in Venice.
I am indebted to my lovely host at my B&B in Trieste who made sure that every morning I had warm breakfast and coffee.
Thanks to the man in the train who helped me with my luggage. I appreciate it. I loved the thoughtfulness of the woman who made sure I reached Orvieto safely.
On the train to Orvieto, I met a couple from Australia who shared their precious Perugina chocolates with me.
I smile when I think of the caffe owner in Florence made my day when he sang a song. Italy travels give everyone such beautiful moments that its hard to remember all.
These are a few of my heart-warming experiences that I remember with a smile. They deserve every mention and will always be in my prayers.
Grazie mille, amici.. A presto!
You might also like- My Five Star Experience with Baglioni Hotels


13 comments:
its so good to meet lovely people.. :)
Love the thought that goes behind specially mentioning all those who made your trip a memorable one <3 :)
Really is. It was an emotional experience writing this post :(
Thanks a lot PB!
Lovely tribute. Come back soon! :-)
Very nice. It is always the people who make the place wherever we go.
Thank you Orna :) I sure will as soon as I get a chance!
Thanks Lyn :) I agree. Italy has some very special people.
What a great post, to look back on the people not just the places, sights and food! Made me stop and think of the people I encountered on my trip to Italy and realize that they played an important part in making my trip memorable too. Bravo!
Thanks a lot Tony. Why don't you start writing about your experiences too? :)
I have thought about it, but I am not sure I am technologically savvy enough, or that good of a writer for that matter. :)
I thought the same when I was sceptical of starting a blog too. Just start! It will help., Il be your first reader :)
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I just might have to try it some day.
Post a Comment