Wednesday, 19 February 2014

                    My Top 3 Woody Allen Movies

1. To Rome with Love- Woody Allen never fails to entertain. To Rome with Love is a movie I saw after coming from my trip to Rome. I could feel the beauty and intensity of the city just by watching the 1.5 hour movie. It was almost like going there! The movie has been shot exclusively in the Eternal City and divided in four stories that unravel together. Woody Allen shows how good a writer and director he is. My recommendation is to watch it with subtitles if you don't know or enjoy Italian.

2. Midnight in Paris- Another favorite of mine. A rich and imaginative plot that explores the problems of a relationship that's Midnight in Paris for you. The movie has good humor and excellent cinematography. It runs a literary theme coupled with modernism. How I wish I could go back in time each midnight like Owen Wilson and meet Fitzgerald and Hemingway..I would also add a few others to my list..Austen, John Keats, Robert Browning, Shakespeare. 


3. Vicky Christina Barcelona- If you want a slice of romance with a backdrop of the historic city of Barcelona, this is the movie to watch! Quirky, witty and confusing at times, Vicky Christina Barcelona is beautifully made with a great background score. It has the best star cast that explores romance with a touch of sadness. The movie also shows all the famous albeit eccentric works of Gaudi.


Apart from the above list I cannot forget to mention Annie Hall and Hannah and her Sisters. A few more for the Woody Allen fans :-)

3 comments:

Richa Singh said...

Midnight in paris is my all time fav movie irrespective of woody allen!!

Richa

Swati Garg said...

I will make sure i watch these movies. Seems interesting!

Ishita Sood said...

Yes Richa, mine too.. Swati you must see all..and soon :-)

Post a Comment