Wednesday, 5 March 2014

                         The One That Could Be- An Italian Trip

I am not only in love with Italy but I am also obssessing over it a lot..Yes I know that, but who cares! :-) Its totally worth it! Like they say, the real Italy is in the smaller towns and villages. So I have made a list of a few Italian towns I really want to visit. Much of it has been researched, read and longed for since years together, some of them are very new found interests while some I already made it happen (Venice for instance). So here is a small list:

-Turin/Torino



The land of the oh so famous Bicerin and automobiles, Torino is a place I would definitely want to visit on my next trip. It has the perfect backdrop of the Alps and for those of you who don't know, it is home to the Fiat :-)

-Trento



A beautiful little town that happens to be one of the most wealthy provinces of Italy and is also near to Innsbruck (Austria) and Munich (Germany).

-Bolzano- 



A region that gives you a feeling that you are surely in Austria and not Italy. Part of South Tyrol province, the Italian Alps will definitely take your breath away. I think I will enjoy the hiking here more than I did in Cinque Terre.

-Alberobello



Have you seen a town with such cute houses or what they call as trulli? No?? Neither have I! That is just why I want to visit this place. Forget the beauty ;-)

-Umbria


What prompted me to see this rustic historical region was the movie My House In Umbria. I fell in love with this Italian village and I want to do my share of exploration soon. For more information check the Post of an Italian Postcard (January 2014)

Please note all pictures have been taken from Wikipedia/Google.

6 comments:

Priyanka Mahajan said...

Girl u are going to be a good travell planner and guide for Europe now.. should start side business.. ;)

Priyanka Bhardwaj said...

"I am not only in love with Italy but I am also obssessing over it a lot" :) This is love in its truest sense.. I sincerely hope that you make a deep connection with this country in the coming years.. Having introduced Italy to me in a way I never knew, I can say that you've made a srart in the right direction. And you also have that 'special card' now which allows you access to many-a-things Italian here in Delhi :P Keep going Ish :D

Unknown said...

The places mentioned by you reiterate a deeply held belief that its always more fascinating to visit the relatively unexplored parts of a country/city..of course assuming the mentioned places are not a part of mainstream Italy that tourists visit :P

Informative indeed!!

Ishita Sood said...

Thanks PB :-) I hope you enjoy the posts more now that you know so much :D

Mrinal- They are the offbeat destinations and yes it is always fascinating to visit the less explored places!

Melissa Muldoon said...

Ciao Ishita, we are fellow bloggers and on the same fb page that Lorna (Cake Duchess) created! Come stai! Don't forget Le Marche! In fact I think you should come with me next June 2015 so that we can meet up in le Marche! I'm planning my next language and cultural program in a beautiful palazzo near Urbino and we are going to be seeing and doing some amazing things! Check out the details on my site: http://www.studentessamatta.com/matta-le-marche-language-cultural-program/

I have posted lots of great pictures of Le Marche on my Fb page too! https://www.facebook.com/studentessamatta

A presto! Un abbraccio!

Ishita Sood said...

Hi Melissa!! Thank you so much for your offer. I checked your page and its wonderful. The offer is great. I will have to think about it some more. You know the problem of money. Thanks again and I will keep you informed via Itally bloggers :) Un abbraccio!!

Post a Comment