The architecture, the fountains, the monuments and the many museums, there is still a lot left to explore in Rome! This Italian architectural landmark is also home to some beautiful shopping streets and markets. One such stop is the market in Campo de' Fiori, meaning Field of Flowers.
Campo de' Fiori is one of the oldest markets of Rome. It's promximity to the Jewish ghetto and Piazza Navona, makes it an added attraction. This market has the best collection of everything under the sun. Fresh fruits, vegetables, pasta sauces, packed Italian food, bags, clothes, utensils, flowers, and the likes!
| Campo de' Fiori |
Adjacent to this market is the Roman Ghetto, with some fascinating ruins and a huge synagogue. Also don't miss the cafes serving delicious artichokes! Nothing in this city is complete without a cuppa, some nice pastry from a patisserie or cafe, and a gelato! Try the different flavors of gelato, fico and fragola being my favorites!
| Artichokes with Chicken |
Another shopping street that I visited was the Via Ottaviano and Via Candia with high end brands as well as unbranded stores. This is a shopping paradise well connected by metro and bus. It is so different from the historical side of Rome that for a minute I thought I was not in Rome!
| Galleria Alberto Sordi |
Galleria Alberto Sordi is a kind of mall or shopping plaza with Italian and international brands such as Zara, Burberry, Chloe, Versace etc. Do visit if you want to buy the expensive brands. Happy shopping and happy exploring! :-)

6 comments:
Methinks the fact that your Roman jaunt is covered in 3 parts (and more to go eh?? ;))says it all about the city :D
Well written and well clicked!!
You are quite right :D :P It says it all! Thanks a lot.
I think i have already taken a quick look at Rome from the top.. thanks to u.. :)
and chicken looks yum....... ;)
Glad you did, thanks it was :-)
The last picture says everything that I feel about this post. A refrigerator full of cakes :D ... that's where I'd spend most of my time in Rome :D
Hahaha! You must :D
Post a Comment