Happy Birthday Rome!
As Rome celebrates its 2767th birthday next week,
I grab this opportunity to write a bit more on this wondrous city. What makes
it different from the other Italian cities, one might ask?
Rome is antique, its
gorgeous, its romantic, its ancient, its one of a kind but most of all its Eternal! Founded in 753 BC by twins Romulus and Remus, Rome happens to be one of the
hot spots of Italian tourism since times immemorial. The gigantic Colosseum being the centre of attraction and also one of the most visited monuments of the country.
Rome has a fascinating and rich history and several other monuments and museums apart from the well known Colosseum. History which can be seen around you everywhere. In a park, by the fountain, or a river, or by an antique shop. This 3000 year old city (almost), has ancient relics and artefacts everywhere. As you turn a corner or a visit a gorgeous alley full of bougainvillea, you will notice a gorgeous sculptor or a fountain that you would have never thought could exist there. Which also proves the point that Rome really wasn't built in a day!
Visiting Rome transported me back in time when I fondly remembered Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck's stylish Roman Holiday. The Vatican improved my thirst for knowledge and also added a littIe something to my modest knowledge. I wish I was in this Caput Mundi - the Capital of the World to see how this Easter the Romans celebrate the birthday of the oldest cities of the world.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROME- 04/21/2014
5 comments:
Truly Rome was not build in a day.... :)
Is it realy 3000 years old... wow..!
Yes it is :)
Beautiful post and pictures!! One of the most ancient cities of the world has a known birthdate :D Interesting..! Happy Birthday Rome :)
Grazie!! :-) and Prego from Rome!
Good read :) nice pictures too..Happy bday Rome...Cheers!!
everytime I read this blog I return enriched
Post a Comment