My Favorite Books on Italy
1. A Room with a View: A coming of age drama that was also made into a brilliant film starring Maggie Smith and Helena Bonham Carter. This book features Florence in its full glory. The room with a view shows a stark and magnificent view of the Dome of Santa Maria del Fiore.
2. Italian Neighbors- A great experience of Tim Parks and his Italian wife in Italy. This book has something for a non Italian as well as an Italian. The Italians could probably have a good laugh after reading it. I loved his wit and remarks on some of the things he found funny in Italy!
3. Memoirs of a Solo Traveler- My Love Affair with Italy- This book has got me hooked, not because it has a story that I relate to, but also because it has been written in a simple way that connects you somewhere with the author. Thank you Margie Miklas! I absolutely love this book as it is from the heart and speaks of Margie's travels across several different regions of Italy in 2011.
4. Brunelleschi's Dome- A vivid account of the most famous Dome in the world. Ross King highlights the entire architectural story of the Dome of Santa Maria Del Fiore and how it was made. Anyone curious of this beautiful "Duomo" should read this book.
1. A Room with a View: A coming of age drama that was also made into a brilliant film starring Maggie Smith and Helena Bonham Carter. This book features Florence in its full glory. The room with a view shows a stark and magnificent view of the Dome of Santa Maria del Fiore.
2. Italian Neighbors- A great experience of Tim Parks and his Italian wife in Italy. This book has something for a non Italian as well as an Italian. The Italians could probably have a good laugh after reading it. I loved his wit and remarks on some of the things he found funny in Italy!
3. Memoirs of a Solo Traveler- My Love Affair with Italy- This book has got me hooked, not because it has a story that I relate to, but also because it has been written in a simple way that connects you somewhere with the author. Thank you Margie Miklas! I absolutely love this book as it is from the heart and speaks of Margie's travels across several different regions of Italy in 2011.
4. Brunelleschi's Dome- A vivid account of the most famous Dome in the world. Ross King highlights the entire architectural story of the Dome of Santa Maria Del Fiore and how it was made. Anyone curious of this beautiful "Duomo" should read this book.

4 comments:
I am honored to be included in this list of wonderful books on Italy. Thank you Ishita, for the compliment. I am thrilled that you are enjoying my story.
And how about Robert Langdon!! :D
Btw...I won't leave this opportunity to call you a Geeekk !! :D :))
Girl i think next is gng to be urs.... :)
with all these beautiful words and ur passion for the place.. i guess u will do wonders with ur version.. :).
Haha Thanks guys. Yes I am a geek :P PM Hoping so ;)
Post a Comment