Far From the Madding Crowd in Fiesole
Today I was rummaging through old pictures and found some of Fiesole that I had to instantly share. Situated a mere 20 minutes drive from Florence in the Fiesolean Hills, this small town turns out to be a great spot to be from the madding crowd of Florence.
An Etruscan town that dates back to the 9th century, Fiesole can be easily reached by Bus no. 7 from Piazza San Marco, Florence.
Fiesole has everything that you would demand from an Italian town- quiant alleys, museums, ruins from the Roman times and several trattorias and gelaterias.
Fiesole has everything that you would demand from an Italian town- quiant alleys, museums, ruins from the Roman times and several trattorias and gelaterias.
But most importantly, Fiesole has a certain peace and quietude for which it is known. Climb the hill from Piazza Mino da Fiesole that gets you the spectacular and picturesque view. (Picture below)

Before visiting, read through this informative article by Visit Florence. Ciao Ciao :-)
You might also like:
Beautiful Villages of Italy


12 comments:
Very cool and scenic pictures...
I have escaped Florence to Fiesole on one of my visits. It was delightful
Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing. I definitely need to explore Fiesole, looks perfect!
A favorite spot of mine!
Thanks for visiting :)
Thanks for visiting Lyn... I rem reading your post on it ..I would love to go back to this town someday :)
Thanks for visiting Tony, I think you should definitely visit this one. No reasons not to :) Try eating in the trattorias or in Florence coz I found some of the restaurants overpriced.
Thank you Margie for stopping by. Mine too now :)
I've always wanted to visit Italy! These pictures of gorgeous. Now I know somewhere to go when I am able to travel there :)
thebecksfactor.com
Another stunning spot to discover through you!
Thank you Angie :) I am glad you enjoyed!
That view from the hill...just wow!!
Post a Comment